We haven’t chosen the location or settled on all the details yet, but preparations are already underway in a big way!
This year we hope to have our best ever event on both sides; public relations and contacts for the contest. And don’t worry, we’re already planning for severe weather, just in case 🙂
If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to let us know by using the “contact us” tab above!
Some things we’re already working on improving for this years event include:
- An enclosed pavilion or building to operate from rather than our tent. For those of you with us last year, you know we barely survived!
- A more dedicated start time for lunch and dinner.
- A bigger booth for public information and the GOTA station.
- A setup time starting 24 hours in advance with a Friday night blast off party including the 10m and 2m nets live on location!
- Making sure that wherever we setup will accommodate RV’s and tents as well as other station locations for those not wanting to operate as WØEBE.
- Either a dedicated 24 hour restroom facility or quality portable restroom units.
- A volunteer sign up form several weeks in advance with specific volunteering jobs to meet the different abilities of those volunteering, including what time and where to be.
Details so far:
Setup Time and Date: Friday, June 26th, 2020 starting at around 3pm on site.
Blast off Party: More details to come, most likely starting at 6pm.
Date: Saturday and Sunday, June 27th and 28th, 2020
Operating Time: 12:00pm CST on the 27th to 12:00pm CST on the 28th.
We will again be operating as a 3A station using emergency generator power. A dedicated VHF/UHF station and a dedicated GOTA station will also be on site.
Station 1 will most likely be operating high power on the 20 meter band
Station 2 will most likely be operating high power as well on the 40 meter band.
Station 3 will most likely be a dedicated digital station with voice capabilities if so desired.
All stations should be capable of CW opeartions. Please bring your own paddle, we will provide a 1/4″ “stereo” type connector and a 1/8″ “stereo” type connector for each station. Other types will be up to you to match.
All stations on voice will be using a Heil mic on a stand or boom. Please bring your own earphones if you wish to operate with them.
Food: As always, lunch and dinner meats will be provided. Please bring a side dish or dessert to add to the mix so everyone will have plenty to eat!
Operator sign up form:
We will also have a sign up form right here a little closer to the event.
Location and Directions:
A map of the location is soon to follow right here, right in this spot. We just have to pick the location first!